News

The chaos of the Sydney train avoided after the court threw Etu out appeal


For now, Sydney commuters have been spared the prospect of a return to the serious interruptions of the city railway network after a court has launched an appeal by electric workers against a month of interval to industrial action.

Tuesday the Federal Court rejected the appeal by the Electrical Trades Union (Etu) to cancel the orders by the Fair Work Commission by suspending industrial actions by railway workers until 1 July. The Court will hold its reasons for the decision at the end of this week.

Sydney's commuters of trains underwent interruptions for many months from industrial action before the fair work has interrupted it until 1 July last month.

Sydney’s commuters of trains underwent interruptions for many months from industrial action before the fair work has interrupted it until 1 July last month.Credit: Rhett Wyman

In welcoming the Court’s decision, the government of the new South Wales has declared to provide further certainty to millions of commuters who only want to be able to achieve and work “without being required to redeem”.

“We have shown that we will take all the actions necessary to protect commuters and we can’t wait to continue to commit ourselves with the railway unions through the fair labor commission,” he said in a note.

Thousands of railway workers represented by the ETU and Rail Tram and Bus Union (RTBU) have undertaken various forms of industrial action since last September during a prolonged remuneration dispute with the Minns government. The industrial action had repeatedly The passenger railway network paralyzed Before the Fier Work he ordered to stop him last month.

Loading

The secretary of state Etu Allen Hicks said that its members were disappointed by the decision of the Federal Court and the union would consider its legal options.

“This decision tears the right to workers to withdraw their work in pursuing a better agreement,” he said.

While the last decision represents a victory for the government, RTBU and many other unions have applied for fair work to reduce the suspension of industrial action.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button