News

Briefing of the Ukrainian war: the attack of the Russian drones kills four in Dnipro as Zelenskyy cautious on the new American mineral agreement | Ukraine


  • An attack of Russian Droni di Massa killed four people, wounded 19 and sparked a large fire in a complex of hotels and restaurants and other buildings In the south-eastern Ukrainian city of Dnipro last Friday, the regional governor said. A skyscraper and almost 10 houses caught fire, said Serhiy Lysak on Telegram. The fire -fighting crews had placed the fire in the hotel complex. The victims of the victims is likely to get up, with three injuries in serious condition, said Lysak in a previous post. “It is also known that the enemy has directed more than 20 drones towards the city. Most of them have been demolished.”

  • Volodymyr Zelenskyy said that Ukraine would not accept any agreement on mining rights that threatened its integration with the European Union, but that it was too early to judge a dramatically extensive mineral agreement proposed by Washington. The Ukrainian president said that Kiev’s lawyers need to review the project before they can say more about the United States offer, a summary that suggested that the United States asked for years all the income of Ukraine natural resources. He also said that Kiev would not have recognized billions of dollars of US aid passed as loans, even if he did not say whether such a request present in the latest version of draft received from a high government official. Zelenskyy said that the text was “completely different” by a previous picture agreement that had been destined to sign with the President of the United States, Donald Trump, before their speeches descended in a Television cash in the White House last month.

  • Ukrainian forces staged a small incursion advertised in the Russian region of Belgorod, according to the Russian military bloggers, Just while Kiev’s troops are losing the grip on the pocket of the Russia adjacent Kursk region who captured last year. On Friday several Russian military correspondents said that Ukrainian troops were inside Belgorod and fought battles with Russian forces. Neither Kyiv nor Moscow confirmed the relationships, although the Ministry of Defense of Russia 10 days ago its forces had opposed five Ukrainian attempts to push beyond the border to Belgorod. In the meantime, the Ukrainian army said that on Friday his Air Force had hit a border place in the Russian Bryansk region, destroying military infrastructures in an area that had identified as the launch site of drones.

  • Vladimir Putin has renewed his call For a “transitional administration” to be implemented in Ukraine To allow new elections – essentially making the reversal of Volodymyr Zelenskyy – and swore that the Russian army would “end” Ukrainian troops. However, Zelenskyy rejected Putin’s call as the last stratagem to delay a peace agreement. And the United Nations Secretary General, António Guterres, said that Ukraine had a legitimate government that must be respected. It was not clear to what extent Putin’s idea for a temporary guided administration was not designed to be taken seriously, reports And Sabbagh, since the Kremlin clarified that he did not raise this idea recently Call with Donald Trump.

  • The head of the United Nations rights asked for the end of the “horrible suffering” caused by attacks on civilians in Ukraine. “The last few weeks have seen an intense activity around a possible fire in Ukraine, which would be very welcome,” said Volker Turk to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Friday. “The limited fire ceases that protect the lanes and shipping infrastructures are a welcome step forward. What is most necessary now is the end of the horrible suffering that is imposed daily in Ukraine.” Donald Trump has pushed the fire for a cease since he returned to office in January, “yet, in parallel with these interviews, fighting in Ukraine has intensified and is killing and wounded even more civilized,” Turk said. “The data on the victims in the first three months of this year were 30% more than in the same period last year.”

  • Ukraine said on Friday that he had received the bodies of 909 of his soldiers killed during the battles with Russiain the largest repatriation in more than three years of war. The coordination headquarters for the treatment of prisoners of war, a government agency, said that it was “grateful for the assistance of the International Red Cross Committee” and that the remains had been returned by the regions of Donetsk, Luhansk and Zaporizhzia.

  • The EU Agricultural Commissioner said that the blockage plans to reduce agricultural imports from Ukraine When renegotia a commercial agreement with Kyiv who will expire in June. “The import quotas will not remain the same as this temporary liberalization. Therefore, in fact, there will be less imports,” said Christophe Hansen to Agence France-Presse on Friday, referring to an agreement affected after the invasion of 2022 of Russia which grants access without duty to the block for Ukrainian agricultural assets.

  • The International Monetary Fund has declared that on Friday its Council has completed a review that would allow $ 400 million to be challenged to be channeled for budget support. The economy of Ukraine remained resistant despite the difficult conditions, said the IMF, adding that the economic growth of Ukraine – which slowed down in the second half of last year – would have seen a continuous slowdown in 2025 due to a close labor market and attacks on energy infrastructures.



  • Source link

    Related Articles

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    Back to top button