Sport

Iga Swiatek abused by an “aggressive and provocative” fan in Miami Open


Swiatek He recently spoke of the emotional effort he faced In recent months, having served a one -month ban for a crime of doping and not wanting to “take a step on the pitch”.

From the accident on the weekend, the second seed continued to reach the quarterfinals of Miami Open, where he faced the Filipino teenager Alexandra Eala on Wednesday.

“Safety is an absolute priority. We monitor the net to capture this type of problems,” said his spokesperson.

“Construction criticisms are one and threats, hatred speech or even ailments during training are another – this cannot be forgiven.”

The organizers of the tournament and the WTA have been said to have reacted quickly, implementing extra security measures in the former longtime number one.

Miami Open organizers told the FP that everyone’s security is treated “very seriously”.

“We constantly evaluate any potential threat and take every measure to respond appropriately,” they said.

The BBC Sport contacted the WTA and Miami police for further comments.

Swiatek’s experience is the latest accident involving a WTA player, who provides a clear reminder of the dangers faced by the athletes on a regular basis.

Raducanu, 22 years old, remained with horror when he saw a man – who had already reported for what had been described as “performance of fixed behaviors” – on the shoulders of his game in Dubai last month.

Stephanie Hilborne, CEO of The Women in Sport Bencity, told the BBC Sport that “every single woman has a level of fear”.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button