News

Israel announces plans to take over the “big areas” of Gaza as he expands offensive against Hamas


On Wednesday, the Israeli defense minister announced an expansion of the military offensive in Gaza against Hamas, including plans to seize “large areas” of the Encyclist.

The minister, Israel Katz, said that the territory just captured would be “added to the safety areas” that the military currently maintain in Gaza. He added that the expanding operation concerned “large -scale evacuations of the population of Gaza from the combat areas”.

The observations – that echoed to a similar threat last month From Mr. Katz-sembrausing to be an attempt to further pressure Hamas among the efforts to restore a ceased fire. Both parties spoke with the mediators referred to a potential agreement To restore the truce, but a turning point has not been reached.

He remained far from clear if both sides could force the other to accept its terms for an agreement. Hamas asks for the end of the war and a complete Israeli retreat in exchange for the release of all the hostages.

This week, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel defined what seemed to be his post -war requests, all who are probably not started for Hamas. They include Hamas that weapons are established, complete control of Israeli security in Gaza and the implementation of the proposal of President Trump that Gazas goes en masse.

“This is the plan. We are not hiding this. We are ready to talk about it at any time,” said Netanyahu in the observations distributed by his office on Sunday.

The Israeli army resumed its attacks against Hamas in Gaza on March 18 after Israel and Hamas have not reached an agreement to extend a ceased the fire that started in January. More than 1,000 people in Gaza were killed by the collapse of the truce, according to the Ministry of Health of Gaza, which does not distinguish between civilians and fighters.

Since then the Israeli forces have advanced on the ground in the Central Gaza, taking most of a key road that divides the enclave in half, as well as in the southern city of Rafah.

Also the military Emissions of vast evacuation orders for parts of the enclave.

More than 140,000 people in Gaza have been displaced since the ceased the fire broke, According to the United Nations. Many were alone Starting to resettle In their old neighborhoods through the Gaza strip before being forced to escape again.

Gaza health officials say that more than 50,000 people have been killed in the Enclave since the war began after the attack led by Hamas in Israel on October 7, 2023. That attack killed 1,200 people and saw 250 took hostage to Gaza. At least 59 hostages remain in the enclave, although about 35 of these died, according to the Israeli government.

Gabby Sobelman Reports contributed by Rehovot, Israel.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button