Jockey Michael Poy has been banned for more than 13 years for bets placed on the loss of horses

Brash would offer swollen probability on Betting Exchange Betfair for horses ridden by Poy and German – up to $ 15 for a possibility of $ 8. The unsuspecting bettors would support them for a victory and brash would have pocketed the money because the jockeys assured that the horses had lost.
In the Swan Hill Maiden race on August 7, 2022, they landed $ 18,000 in less than two minutes.
Michael Poy was fined for violating Racing Covid-19 protocols.Credit: Getty images
The German ensured that his American horse Russ lost, while Poy had a different task: his runner, Mr. Scofield, had to beat the German horse to land a separate head -headed bet placed by Brash.
Overall, Pro Punter Brash has placed 89 bets on 37 several horses ridden by German and 46 bets on horses ridden by Poy. Only two of the 135 lost bets.
Loading
The seeds of this, ultimately, the condemned friendship group were sewn for the first time in 2018.
Brash, who managed the online tip service cannon, approached Poy’s father to Sandwa’s races and offered to make speed maps for his 18 -year -old son for free.
As a result, Brash and Poy soon became intimate friends, speaking on the phone “at every moment of the day and night” and even playing together with online games, such as FIFA on PlayStation.
The German was subsequently attracted to the group through his friendship with Poy.
During the evidence, Poy turned out to be the “key player” and “link man” in deception.
He “directed and coordinated” the bets to be established as brash by sending encrypted messages on the burner’s phones using the alias “Leo”, while Brash has been called “Blue Bull”.
Lewis German has been prohibited by the guide for 10 years.Credit: Getty
“This conduct was not reckless, negligent or even reckless,” said Adrian Anderson, for the administrators, to the court.
“It was a deliberate and elaborate scheme designed to avoid detecting through the use of secret messages with the use of secret phones and code names.
“It was only through the incuranto of Brash that the crime was discovered.”
That inattention involved Brash taking screenshots of their encrypted messages. The administrators later found those screenshots on Brash’s phone.
They revealed a harmful list of bets in which Poy outlined the breeds, horses and amounts to bet, such as “Race 3, lay 1 for 70/80 (thousand)”, “have 10k on mine to beat his H2h (head each)” and “Race 8, lies on 2, 80k”.
Poy initially denied any involvement in the scheme, but the administrators used the Ottus and Crown Casino data to create a series of maps that have constantly positioned the jockey and the Burner phone in the same place simultaneously.
“The offense was very difficult to detect,” Anderson said.
Loading
Judge John Bowman, president of the court, discovered that Poy had “intentionally engaged in behaviors that affect the heart of the racing industry itself, this is its integrity, both real and perceived”.
“The conduct like yours has the ability to inflict great damage to the image of the racing and the trust of the public in its integrity. He risks the creation in the minds of some people who” the game is made up “,” said Bowman.
It was a ignominious end for a boy born in a famous racing family.
His father, Michael Clarke, went to the history books by winning the 1986 Melbourne Cup in Talaq and then the 1990 Cox Plate and the 1990 Japan Cup on Better Alleted for David Hayes.
But Poy took the surname of his mother Janelle because it was the last of the Poys and the name would have been lost. Even his father, Leo, was a jockey.
Poy left school to become an apprentice and until April last year he ridden more than 350 winners of over 3500 runs.
Michael Poy will not be able to ride again until he is about 40 years old.Credit: Racing photo
He lost his mother in 2020 and Two years later he was banned for two months for judging the number of laps in a race in Kyneton badly.
He used the whisk eight times and relieved the horse after passing the winning pole for the first time when there was another ride to run.
Loading
Now he has lost the “right to earn income from what is in force, the only job I have ever known” until he is 38 years old.
“He is ashamed and apologizes and it is really quite humiliated that he was attracted to participate in a bad conduct in the relevant period,” said the representative of Poy, Tim Mchenry, to the court.
“Of course, he has no guarantee of returning to racing, although his further hope and desire is that he can do his time, get the forgive of the racing community and really return to earn full employment.”
The court listened to Poy enjoyed a close relationship with his father, had a partner and intended to pursue work in Queensland with a company that repaired the cars damaged by hail.
The court also felt that Poy had “psychological vulnerability at the base” which made it “highly susceptible to the undue influence from others”.
News, results and analysis of experts from the weekend of sport are sent every Monday. Sign up for our sports newsletter.