Kyle Hart, who had only launched the 2020 void, earns the victory for Padres in MLB Return

SAN DEGO – Kyle Hart took the Petco Park mound on Monday in rare company. He left him as a singular figure and, finally, a great leaguer completely started.
Hart, a newcomer for Mancini at San Diego Padas, entered the day when one of the 24 players whose entire career of great Lega took place within the bizarre borders of the Pandemic season of 2020. That summer, there were no fans in Ballparks. Hart made four apparitions largely unattended for the Boston Red Sox and, to do again with the persistent effects of Lyme’s disease, he fought for an era of 15.55.
During the following three seasons, he bounced around the upper levels of the minor championships for three organizations. He ventured in 2024 to the Baseball Organization of Korea, where he won the version of the Cy Young Award of that League and regained the attention of the Major League teams. The Padres signed him last month with a one -year and $ 1 million guarantee.
Six weeks later – and 1,691 days after debuting Fenway Park in a void – Hart launched five inning before an announced crowd of 43,404 in the center of San Diego. The new appetizer n. 5 of Padas held the Cleveland Guardians with two races, limiting the damage to a pair of solo men. He hit four jokes and walked only one. And he left the field on Monday in the midst of a confluence of individual and collective success.
Hart, 32 years old, not only helped himself in the best performance of his career in a great league. When he became the first player from Club only 2020 To go back to the majors, he also helped Padas to a 7-2 victory and the first 5-0 start in the history of franchise.
Later, after a celebratory beer shower, he reflected on his return to the highest level of sport.
“Most of the boys, you hear perhaps two years or three years since they were in the big championships. But five years, it’s almost as if those guys left, right?” Hart said. “So, I will give myself credit. I worked very hard and I had a little success. But (there were) so many good people around me, and then once I arrived here, I was like” yes, this is the place for me. “This clubhouse raise you, each of these guys.”
First Big League K.
Welcome to the show, Kyle Hart! pic.twitter.com/z80Dymdams– Red Sox (@redsox) August 13 2020
The support cast on Monday included the colleague of new arrivals Gavin, who provided three shots and four RBIs; Third base Manny Machado, who made his way to a double game in defense; And the right defender Fernando Tatis Jr., who made a flowing capture to end the top of the fifth. That comedy roar from the fifth salt crowd of the young season of Petco Park. Hart, knowing that he had probably been done for the night, fought to contain his emotions.
“I felt like the crowd was out there on the mound with me,” said Hart. “When I saw Tati (making that capture), I was a bit next to me.”
Hart did not succumb to sensory overload in his debut to Padas. He remembered launching in front of sturdy crazy in southern Korea baseball. More recently, he prepared himself for his return of the great alloy by looking at four other appetizers to Padas navigate in the Rauco environment of Petco Park.
“Petco is fantastic,” said Hart. “I have not been in all the Ballpartks in the country, but I find it difficult to believe that there are many better than this. I want to say, it’s Monday evening, and there are 43 and change here. I don’t know who else is doing it consistently.”
His debut to Padas could be described as a mixture, at least at the beginning. Hart opened the game by hitting Cleveland’s Steven Kwan, the second hard basic base of the baseball to hit (behind the first baseman Luis Arraez of Padres). The next joke, the perennial candidate Mvp José Ramirez, launched solo shots in the western metal building. Two inning later, also the former catcher of Padres Austin Hedges.
But Hart limited the damage to that couple of racing in the house. He launched about five shots and used a solid defense of Padres. He got six oscillations and Miss with his gearbox, his best field. In the meantime, he has shown an improved speed and a more clear overall repertoire since he appeared for the last time in the majors. So, it was far from the best version of himself.
In the spring of 2020, Lyme’s disease made the 6 feet Hart drops to 186 pounds before its league debut. Him Loss of memory with short -term experienceEven within the few games he launched for the red Sox. On Monday he recognized that, at the time, he minimized the effects of his illness.
Now it is up to 210 pounds and, finally, a great leaguer completely started.
“This would probably be better than anything I imagined. Especially in Petco against Cleveland,” said Hart, a native of Cincinnati. “I’m not the greatest sports enthusiast of Cleveland. Every time you can beat Cleveland is good.”
(Top photo of Kyle Hart who launches against the guardians on Monday: Orlando Ramirez / Getty Images)