News

Naval Academy takes measures to end policies on diversity in books and admissions


The Pentagon and the US Naval Academy are proceeding with actions to support the push of the Trump Administration to eliminate the “awakened” initiatives throughout the federal government.

The Us Naval Academy has declared that it has concluded its use of affirmative actions in admissions, reversing a policy that previously defended as essential for national diversity and security, according to a deposit of the Federal Court on Friday. And the office of the Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth ordered the Naval Academy to identify the books relating to the so -called themes of diversity, equity and inclusion that are hosted in the Nimitz library of the school and to remove them from circulation.

This week, according to a defense official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss political decisions, Hegseth’s office realized that the Nation’s military service academies did not believe that the Trump president of January 29th Executive order To end “radical indoctrination” in kindergarten through eighth grade classrooms applied to them, since they are college. The Defense Secretary Office informed the Naval Academy that the intention of Mr. Hegseth was for the order to apply to the academies and that the secretary expected conformity.

“The US Naval Academy is fully engaged in the execution and implementation of all the directives outlined in the executive orders issued by the President and is currently examining the collection of the Nimitz Library to ensure compliance,” said Cmrr. Tim Hawkins, a spokesman for the Navy. “The Navy is carrying out these actions with the utmost professionalism, efficiency and in line with national security objectives.”

The Library of the Academy in Annapolis, MD., It hosts about 590,000 printing books, 322 databases and over 5,000 magazines and print magazines, said commander Hawkins.

The Court that presented the admission policy, presented by the Naval Academy, by the Defense Department, by Mr. Hegseth and other officials, says that the Naval Academy has changed its admission policy in February in response to federal directives that prohibit the practice of considering the race, ethnicity and sex during the admission process.

The Superintendent of the Naval Academy issued an internal Guide reviewed on February 14, stating that it would not have happened, according to the deposit. The superintendent, deputy admiral Yvette M. David, reaffirmed This modification of Wednesday, when he testified in front of a subcommittee of the Senate’s armed services Committee.

“At no time are racial, sex or ethnicity considered in the qualification of a candidate,” he said. The Naval Academy did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the soil policy on Friday.

So far, the revision of the participations of the Nimitz Library has identified 900 books that could escape the verbal order of the defense secretary. According to a second defense official, they include “Martin Luther King Jr.” autobiography, “Einstein on Race and Racism” and a biography on Jackie Robinson.

Mr. Hegseth is scheduled to visit the Naval Academy Tuesday and talk to the brigade of half -ship men. It is not clear whether the secretary expects the books to be removed before his arrival.

Defense officials said they were not aware of the fact that the United States military academy in West Point, the Air Force of the Air Force of the United States or the U.S. Coast Guard Academy had received similar orders or if the military specialization schools, such as the Naval War College and the Army Command and the General Staff College, would have had to respect.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button