News

Prevent the head part after the revision in the bankruptcies of the Agency to stop the Southport killer Axel Rudakubana


According to reports, the head of the government’s anti -terrorism program resigned after it was revealed that the case of Southport murderer was closed before the attack.

Michael Stewart resigned from his role Impede, Following a review he revealed Axel Rudakubana Houses had been closed prematurely after being reported three times between December 2019 and April 2021.

Rudakubana was sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum period of 52 years at the beginning of this year for killing Alice da Silva Aguiar, nine, Bebe King, Sei, and Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, in a Taylor Swift -themed dance class on July 29 last year.

He also tried to kill eight other children, who cannot be appointed for legal reasons, as well as the class instructor Leanne Lucas and the businessman John Hayes.

Three separated references were made to prevent Rudakubana’s behavior in the years preceding the attack, as well as six separated calls to the police.

Bebe King, Elsie Dot Stancombe and Alice da Silva Aguiar were assassinated in a Taylor's Swift themed dance class in Southport (Police del Merseyside/PA)

Bebe King, Elsie Dot Stancombe and Alice da Silva Aguiar were assassinated in a Taylor’s Swift themed dance class in Southport (Police del Merseyside/PA) (PA medium)

Mr. Stewart was the head of preventing Since September 2020 e He was head of the anti -terrorism program when the attack was conducted last year.

His departure, which was reported by THE TimesIt comes after a review has found a series of failures in the management of the case of Rudakubana.

The investigation discovered that there was a sufficient risk posed by Rudakubana to maintain its cases within preventing active, but these were closed prematurely while too much attention was paid to a lack of distinct ideology.

In a learning point compared to his first reference in 2019, the review said that there was sufficient information to report Rudakubana to the next phase of the program, called Channel, mainly because of his age and complex needs.

He said that Rudakubana’s research on school shootings, who speaks of stabbing to people and that he has said the terrorist attack on “men”, who believed to refer to the attack of the Manchester Arena in 2017, “could have shown a real interest in terrorism”.

There were a series of factors present to have concerns about Rudakubana and its potential vulnerability to being attracted to terrorism, he added.

Axel Rudubana was a sentence in January 2025 (Elizabeth Cook/PA)

Axel Rudubana was a sentence in January 2025 (Elizabeth Cook/PA) (PA medium)

The report also highlighted the spelling errors of the name of Rudakubana in the referrals, although this did not prevent the connected cases.

Alongside the revision of prevention reporters, the secretary at home Yvette Cooper has announced that a public investigation will be held to examine all the “missed opportunities” to identify Rudakubana’s murderous intent.

The Ministry of the Interior does not comment on internal staff.

The more this story follows ….



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Check Also
Close
Back to top button