News

Public ministries suspect “terrorist movement” in Amsterdam stabbed which has injured 2 Americans


A man who stabbed five people in Amsterdam last week, including two Americans, probably had a “Terrorist reason”, Dutch ministries announced Tuesday.

The suspicion, identified by the police as a 30 -year Ukrainian by the Donetsk region, second to Reuters, He was taken in custody on Thursday after a spectator overwhelmed him.

“The man is suspected of five counts of attempted murder or manslaughter with a terrorist motif”, according to reports from the press agency to ministries.

The authorities identified the victims of the shopping district stabbing like a 69 -year -old man and a 67 -year -old woman from the United States; a 73 -year -old woman from Belgium; a 26 -year -old man from Poland; And a 19 -year -old woman from Amsterdam.

The man who worthy the knife injures more people in Amsterdam, including 2 Americans

Stabbed in Amsterdam

Police officers are seen in Dam Square in Amsterdam on March 27 after a stab wounded five people on a busy commercial road near Dam Square. (Medium/nurphoto gene via Getty Images)

“Police investigations are in full swing and at the moment he has full priority. We hope to get more clearly on the background of this horrible stab,” said the mayor of Amsterdam Femke Halsema last week. “Our hearts go to the victims, their families and loved ones.”

The police said the suspicion was carried out in a hotel in Amsterdam the day before the attack, Reuters reported.

2 people killed in a knife attack in Germany

Liked the Netherlands

Police officers Cornano from an area after a stabs near Dam Square in the center of Amsterdam on Thursday 27 March. (Ap/Peter Delong)

The Polish victim was released by a local hospital. Starting from Tuesday, the other victims remain in medical treatment and are in stable conditions, added Reuters.

A Department of State The spokesman confirmed to Fox News that two US citizens were injured during the accident.

Stagnate attachment apterma in the Netherlands

The first rescuers assist one of the victims of the stabbing of Amsterdam on March 27th. (ANP/Inter Visual Studio/AFP via Getty Images)

Click here to get the Fox News App

“The United States Department of State does not have a higher priority than the security and safety of the United States abroad,” said the spokesperson. “We are closely following the news of a stabs in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. We extend our sympathies to the victims and families of the affected people. We can confirm that two US citizens were injured.”

Greg Wehner of Fox News, Nick Kalman and Associated Press have contributed to this relationship.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button