News

South Korea states that fatal fires have started by man who performs the tomb ritual


The South Korean police said Sunday that she booked a man suspected of starting what grew up in the greatest in the country firekilling at least 26 people and raiding thousands of buildings including historic temples.

The authorities believe that the man, who is 50 years old, began the fire In the South -East of the County of Uiseong, when he performed an ancestral rite from a family tomb on March 22, said a provincial police officer of Gyeongbuk.

“We are about to check the tests,” added the official.

In South KoreaThe legal system, the reservation provides for the recording of a suspicion but may not immediately coincide with arrest or charges.

Yonhap The news agency said the man denied the accusations.

South Korea fires

South Korea fires

The fire burned about 48,000 hectares (119,000 acres), destroyed about 4,000 structures and forced tens of thousands of people to evacuate. On Friday the fire was largely contained, although the firefighters still fought small hotspots that had arisen on Saturday.

The Uiseong fire and the separated flames throughout the country last week left at least 30 people dead and triggered requests for national reforms to better face these disasters, which according to experts are exacerbated by climate change.

The forest service said that on Sunday another fire broke out in a southern area near Suncheoni and the authorities had deployed 23 firefighters, four helicopters and 123 firefighters.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button