The Cento: Equal “Realistic” salary, says the head of the professional cricket association Daryl Mitchell

And Mitchell believes that salaries will have to further increase if the ECB must fulfill its goal of making the one hundred the second franchise tournament behind the Indian premier league.
“There are some great players who entered the room in terms of investment in the hundred,” said the former Warcestrshire Mitchell captain.
“The ambition is that the one hundred are the second best tournament, behind the IPL. If so, salaries must combine such ambitions. Here are what we will be in the discussions.”
Hundreds of salaries, together with the regulations on certificates without absence-the mechanism that allows English players to present in championships abroad Source of voltage between PCA and ECB at the end of last year.
However, Mitchell says that the two organizations found more common ground on problems during the first part of 2025.
Another goal for the body of players in recent years has been the domestic program, in particular the congested nature of the T20 explosion.
Explosion often requires players to present games on back-to-back or even pivots from the explosion to the county championship with a little time of delivery.
In the next season, that starts on FridayThe 18 counties will examine the structure and program of national competitions, with the possibility of introducing changes for the 2026 season.
With the counties provided for significant cash injections following hundreds of sales, it is hoped that the commercial pressures on the program will be relieved.
While a high -performance review of Sir Andrew Strauss in 2022 was led by the ECB with the English male team, this will be led by the counties for the benefit of the 18 clubs.
Review by Strauss He suggested a cut to 10 county championships and explosion games of the current 14, proposals rejected by the counties. A reduction to 12 correspondences in each could be more feasible.
“The reality is that we must create space in the calendar to obtain the right structure,” Mitchell said. “What do I wait, I’m not sure. If we return to the high -performance review, the reaction of the players was that it was a little too far in terms of the amount that was cut.
“Perhaps it could be a small cut for the explosion or the championship, but the general sensation is to remove those back-to-back games in the explosion, those pinch points in the season that have been difficult.
“If we get the commercials in terms of when the Blast games in particular are programmed, on a Thursday or Friday evening, it is hoped that it can have an advantage on that side of things. Further entrances could be generated.”