The commercial secretary of the United Kingdom denies the number of freedoms of speech present in the US tariff interviews | News in the United Kingdom

The commercial secretary, Jonathan Reynolds, denied that the question of freedom of speech has appeared in tariff negotiations with the United States after an agreement could be jeopardized by the outcome of a criminal proceeding in the Dorset.
The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (Drl), an office within the United States Department of State, met Livia Tossici-Bottia, which was pursued for an alleged violation of a bearing area outside of a Bournemouth abortion clinic. Following a trial at the Poole Magistrates Court, the verdict is scheduled for Friday.
In a statement after the meeting, published in X, the Bureau said: “Usa-UK reports share mutual respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
“However, as vice -president JD Vance said, we are worried about the freedom of expression in the United Kingdom.”
He added: “We are monitoring his case. It is important that the United Kingdom respects and protects freedom of expression”.
The Daily Telegraph on Tuesday cited a US -Senza US source that the document said that you are familiar with commercial negotiations as warning that there would be no “no free trade without freedom of speech” when he was asked about the comments Drl.
To the question about relations, Reynolds, who directs the department for businesses and trade, said that freedom of speech was not part of the commercial negotiations with which he had been involved.
He said to Times Radio: “Obviously, there are things of different people in the administration who said in the past on this, but it was not part of the commercial negotiations I was part of.”
He later added to the Toray program of the BBC Radio 4 that freedom of speech had not been a “material factor” in negotiations and concerns came from the United States Department of State rather than from the United States Department, which leads to trade.
Keir Starmer said that Donald Trump’s rates were likely to hit the United Kingdom, but said the government was working on an agreement to mitigate the effects.
Tuesday the prime minister said to Sky News: “The probability is that there will be rates. Nobody welcomes him. Obviously we are working with the sectors most influenced by the rhythm on this. Nobody wants to see a commercial war but I have to act in national interests”.
This means that “all options remain on the table” in response, he added.
“Obviously we are negotiating an economic agreement that will do it, I hope to mitigate the rates,” said Starmer.
When asked if he had been “played” by the President of the United States, who is destined to hit the United Kingdom with rates despite Starmer’s efforts, he said: “The United States is our nearest ally.
“Our defense, our security, our intelligence are linked in a way that there are no other two countries.
“Therefore it is obviously in our national interest to have a close employment relationship with the United States, which we have had for decades, and I want to make sure I have for decades to come”.
He said that the talks on an economic agreement would normally take “months or years”, but “in a few weeks we managed to advance in those discussions”.