News

The federal judge denies Trump Admin’s effort to ban transgender people from the military


A federal judge denied the president Donald Trump The efforts of the administration to ban transgender people to join the military, who would have entered into force on Friday.

Washington, American district judge based in DC Ana Reyes, A nominated bidenOn Wednesday, he denied the motion of the government to dissolve his order that prevents the military from denying transgender people the ability to enlist in the army.

The transgender military ban had the effect during the ongoing battle

Transgender flag and the pentagon

Transgender flag to a pro-trans protest in front of Scotus, left and Seal del Pentagon. (Getty)

Reyes chaired an audition on March 21, when he asked the Department of Defense to delay the original deadline of March 26 to issue politics.

Reyes said he wanted to grant more time for the appeal process. He also said that he had previously granted a lot of time to appeal to his previous opinion by blocking the ban on entering into force.

Click to get the Fox News App

The legal challenge comes as the Supreme Court also considers a high -profile case that deals with transgender rights.

The problem in the event, the United States against Skmetti, is whether the equality equality clause, which requires the government to treat people located in the same way, prohibits states to allow medical suppliers Provide puberty blockers and hormones to help with a lesser transition to another sex.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button