News

The lawyer of the Department of Justice put on leave after questioning the deportation of the Maryland man


A lawyer of best immigration to Department of Justice was put on an indefinite leave on Saturday after questioning the deportation of A Maryland man a El Salvadorsecond The New York Times.

A letter obtained from the document that had been sent to Erez Reuveni, deputy director of the Division of Little Litonies for Immigration, claims to have been suspended by the deputy prosecutor General Todd Blanche For not having followed “a directive from your superiors”.

This comes after Reuveni was promoted only two weeks ago. It is one of the numerous career officials who have faced the decoration, suspension, a transfer or has been fired in order not to follow the indications from Trump nominated.

Prosecutor General Pam Bondi said THE Times, “In my direction, every Department of Justice The lawyer is required to support with Zealante on behalf of United States. “

“Any lawyer who cannot respect this direction will face the consequences,” he added.

Reuvani appeared in court on Friday, where a federal judge asked him if the deportation of Kilmar Armando Abrego Garcia should have taken place. The lawyer admitted that Garcia, who had an order of the court allowing him to stay in the United States, should not have been expelled, adding that he had been frustrated when he had received the case.

The Department of Justice has suspended one of its best lawyers
The Department of Justice has suspended one of its best lawyers (Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.)

Reuvani asked the judge 24 hours to try to persuade the Trump Administration to start the process of reporting Abrego Garcia. But within those 24 hours, Blanche said that Reuvani had “engaged in a prejudicial conduct for your client”.

The 15-year veteran of the Justice Department was suspended with salary and blocked by his work e-mail. The letter did not indicate how long it would be put on leave or if it would be disciplined.

Judge Paula Xinis in Washington He claimed that the officials had acted without “legal bases” when they arrested Abrogo Garcia and sent him to a megaprison El Salvador Without the right trial, give the administration until the end of Monday to bring it back.

Saturday, the Department of Justice asked that the Federal Court of Appeal above Xinis pause his order.

“That order is indefensible,” the lawyers wrote. “First of all, he commands the defendants to do something that do not have an independent authority to do: get El Salvador Abrego Garcia and send him to America.”

The Department accused Abrego Garcia of being a member of Ms-13A band active in different countries with Salvadoran roots. However, the Department presented few tests in support of their statements, which Abrego Garcia rejected.

“In a court, when someone is accused of appearing in such a violent and predatory organization, he presents himself in the form of an accusation, denunciation, criminal proceeding – a robust process, so that he can face the facts,” said Xinis during a Friday hearing. “I haven’t heard it yet by the government.”



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button