News

The tourist submarine sinks off the coast of Egypt, 6 deaths


Six people died and nine were injured when a tourist submarine sank off the Egyptian coast on Thursday, according to the Associated Press.

All the The victims were Russian, And they were among the 45 passengers aboard the tourist submarine, they said provincial officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the no authorization to speak to the media.

The sinking took place from one of the beaches in the area of ​​the tourist promenade in Hurghada Red Sea Resort, And it is here that 29 people have been saved.

There were some minors aboard the submarine, the Russian consular officials of Hurghada said, according to the AP. How many crew members were not known on the submarine.

At least 16 missing tourists after the Egyptian yacht that transports Americans sink the red Sea into high waves

Egyptian beach

Tourists walk on Giftt Island beach while the sun sets on the Red Sea in Hurghada, Egypt, Thursday 20 August 2015. (Hassan Ammar, File)

The submarine belonged to the Sindbad Hotel in Hurghada. He took off on a regularly scheduled tour to see the coral reefs around 10 pm on Thursday e He went under About half a mile from the shore.

The ship, which was managed by a company based in Hurghada called Sindbad Submarines, had 44 passenger seats, two pilot seats and a round window for each passenger, according to the company’s website.

The Archaeological Team of the United States-Egyptians discovers the 4,000-year tomb near Luxor with jewels, other artifacts

Uniform image of boats and boats in the port

More than a dozen people were missing after the history of the sea sank near Marsa Alam in November 2024. (Getty Images)

The rescued people have been brought to hospitals and are in stable conditions, according to the Russian consulate.

The cause of the sinking of the submarine is not yet known.

People standing on the pier near the sinking

The rescuers waited on the beach for possible survivors after a boat sank in a port in Marsa Alam, in Egypt, in November 2024. (Stinger/Picture Alliance via Getty Images)

Click here to get the Fox News App

In November, a tourist yacht sank in the Red Sea after warnings of rough waters, said the Egyptian officials. At least four people are drowned, while 33 have been saved. Some were missing after sinking. Two American tourists had been on board.

Tourism is an important sector of the Egyptian economy, but many tourist companies have stopped or limited trips to the Red Sea due to the dangers of conflicts in the region.

Andrea Margolis and The Associated Press of Fox News Digital have contributed to this report.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button