Warcester Warriors set for the return of the championship

Last year the RFU level 2 card managed a Open race process For the entire game for any club, college or university to join the championship – the lower level of the Premiership – for the 2025-26 season if they could satisfy the minimum operating standards of the League and the growth strategy.
WoCester was admitted in a majority decision, but the level 2 council said that Wasps and London Irish were not in position at the end of last year to satisfy the minimum criteria.
Approval means that WoCester will be admitted alongside the winners of the National League 1 division, currently guided by Richmond.
Richmond was the first professional club in England after the game opened in 1995, but when they failed in 1999, they were relegated to the bottom of the League’s pyramid and since then they made their way.
The owner of Warriors Holland said: “If we had chosen to restart at the bottom of the pyramid of rugby, as others have it in front of him, the obligation to solve rugby creditors would have been removed.
“After careful consideration, we chose to submit the application to the new League under the name Worcester Warriors, a club founded in 1871, to preserve its history and leverage.
“Consequently, even if we have applied as a new non -legal competitor, we are required to resolve rugby creditors as defined by the RFU 5 regulation. We recognize and fully possess this process and the responsibility that derives from it.
“We have assumed the full responsibility to face these hereditary obligations”.
Businessman Holland also has the intellectual property for Wasps, where he was a non -executive director. If they were to return to the championship structure, he would have had to give up the property of a club.
It is understood that the Warriors, who plan to have a new logo and re -emerge the artificial tone, have implemented people and processes to be ready for the beginning of the next season in the championship.
Thursday’s announcement comes a week after the CEO of the RFU Bill Sweeney Survived a vote without trust in a special general assembly.
The meeting was called in part by the championship clubs that have been unhappy for the financing cuts from the organizational body of the game in England.
In a statement, Simon Gillham, president of the Board of Directors of Tier 2, said that “there was still a lot to reach”.
He added: “The vision of this League is truly ambitious and so much work and collaboration took place for almost two years to establish a path to a vibrant and self -sufficient competition.
“Today marks a significant step forward with Wocester Warriors returning to professional rugby under a new property in a heart for our sport, with the new owners of the club who have provided a guarantee of financial security, held by the RFU, as well as committing to repay the debts left by previous owners to Rugby creditors.”
The plans for the structure of the complete competition of the championship are yet to be announced.
Without any relegation from the championship to the National League 1 this season, it means that only two teams, instead of the usual three, will be relegated to National 1.