Sport

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge criticizes the AFL for the confusion of the equipment; Sydney SWANS TOM Pappley star outside with an heel injury


Loading

“So the suggestion for me was to make sure to bring previous opportunities and validate the wrong disposal.”

The AFL adjusted their interpretations last year after the coaches, led by Damien Hardwick by Gold Coast and Michael Voss of Carlton, invited the referees to start making faster calls to keep the decisions of detention of the ball.

Beveridge raised him personally with the AFL.

“We have gone from this to this total confusion, so unfortunately we need a correction and must come from the town hall (the AFL) and through the referees. Because the referees are only finding too much.

“I don’t think we coaches have ever felt powerless and we coach it as we do now. I think the entire competition is confused.”

Aap

Picty adds an accident crisis

Wins Rugari

Sydney’s accidents’ crisis has worsened with Tom Pappley who was put aside for a maximum of two months, while Logan McDonald has been authorized to resume playing this weekend, but will return through the VFL this weekend rather than being hurried in their impoverished training.

The swans will miss 10 players when they face North Melbourne on Saturday, including several first choice players in Erol Gulden (ankle), Skipper Callum Mills (foot), Taylor Adams (knee tendon) and the defensive trio Lewis Melican (Adittor), Robbie Fox (Calf) and Harry Cunningham (Foot).

Paupley is the last to join the club -protruding injury department after reporting the pain in its half after training last weekend, when the Swans had the greeting. The scans revealed that the 28 -year -old small striker underwent a crack in the heel and will probably miss between six and eight weeks, said coach Dean Cox on Thursday.

Tom Pappley (in the center) is out with an heel injury.

Tom Pappley (in the center) is out with an heel injury.Credit: Getty images

“We will have a little more verification in the following days. But, yes, not great news,” he said.

“We have already obtained a key personnel, now you get another one. Fortunately, this game comes forward and create an opportunity for another player.”

Loading

Some of the wounded players of Sydney, such as Mills and Adams, have had more slow recoveries than expected or have had the setbacks in their rehabilitation, which means that COX will not be able to field something even close to similar 22 until the second half of the season at the best of the hypotheses.

On the eve of the opening, he admitted that some of his pre-installation methods may have contributed to the physical toll, but he said it was largely a case of bad luck.

“The thing you look at it with injuries is: are they common? Are they resorting? Are they avoidable? Some of these … Erol faced, callum with the footbed and, of course, Tom now with a heel. So they are all different,” he said.

“We just have to make sure we try to prepare our players in the best possible way. We understand that it is a contact game and (we need) to push players to a limit knowing that they have to resist that day of play. Many of our players have been slow to start during the low season. So some of them are finding a little hard in this period.”

There is better news, however, with McDonald who played a competitive game for the first time in 2025, after suffering ankle surgery at the end of last season. However, Cox said he should have built his minutes – initially with the Swans reserves in the VFL – before being able to contribute correctly at the highest levels.

“It will be in limited minutes, but … Logan is in our best team,” he said. “He didn’t train much during the entire pre-stagial program. The first two weeks concern only the game. It is ahead, on a wing, I don’t really deal with this.”

Saturday’s clash with the Kangaroos will be the first for the former SWANS Captain Luke Parker against his previous team, even if Cox said there will be no additional treatment.

“It will be different. He’s playing some excellent football, as North are also,” he said. “It will only be another North player … without a doubt, he will try to demonstrate his best, as our players will also do. They are quite mature now. They will do business in the way they need.”

Keep updated with the best AFL coverage in the country. Sign up for the Real Footy newsletter.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button